Sunday, November 05, 2006

American breakfast - Desi style

Saturday morning as I was getting ready to go out wearing my slippers, my wife suggested that I should wear the shoes instead of the chappal. She said, 'Have you ever seen a 'gora' go out in sandals?' I said - 'I am not a American.... I am a desi... why should I wear shoes?' For that she said, 'When you are in Amreica, do what the amreicans do.'

My argument:
If somebody served you Jilebi, Mysore-pavu, Laddu and Burfi along with Payasam(Kheer), would you have it for breakfast?
Why not? The Americans eat Doughnuts, Danishes and Bagels with double egg ommellete and Orange juice, then why don't you? When they can have their Cereals with sugar and milk and other sweet fruits added to the breakfast, why can't you eat? Why don't you have the American breakfast - Desi style?

She: No answer!

Verdict - I won.

Result: I still had to wear the shoes.....

No comments: